I like to think of a tech pack as a contract between fashion designer and garment manufacturer. If you live in New York and are having your garments produced in Ho Chi Minh City, then you will need to communicate your design ideas over a language and culture divide. All the details of your garment need to be communicated, understood, discussed and brought to life by a team of people from a different culture who speaks a different language. Tech packs facilitate this process by putting all the design details on paper in numbers and images to prevent misunderstandings. When problems happen you can easily know who was at fault by referencing the tech packs. You have an idea in your mind. You need to communicate your idea to a Vietnamese merchandiser. The Vietnamese merchandiser cannot read your mind. This is why you absolutely must write down your ideas in technical terms in a tech pack. Otherwise gross misunderstandings are guaranteed which wastes time and money. Next is an example of: What is a garment tech pack or spec sheet?
Why is it necessary to use a garment tech pack or spec sheet?
27 Questions that a Tech Pack Answers
1. What is the name of your brand?
2. What is the designer name?
3. What is the short description of the garment?
4. What season does this garment belong to?
5. What is the date this tech pack was created?
6. What is the technical description of the main fabric?
7. What is the style name?
8. What is the style code?
9. What is the size range?
10. What is the sample size?
11. Do you have an image for the sample fabric swatch that shows details like artwork, pattern or texture?
12. Do you have a technical drawing (aka flat sketch?)
13. Do you know the item name, item description, color, sku #, quantity and supplier name for every item in your bill of materials?
14. Do you have pictures that show the details of each trim like, buttons, zippers, labels or patches?
15. Do you have pictures that show the details of each accessory like hang-tags, poly-bags or carton boxes?
16. Does your technical drawing call out all the special elements of your design like velcro strips, snaps, secret pockets or water proof seams?
17. Does your construction diagram list the sewing operation, stitch type, stitch width, stitches per inch, seam orientation and seam allowance?
18. Do you know the exact Pantone color code for every element of your design including fabric, lining, buttons, zippers and thread?
19. Do you have the original artwork for any printing that needs to be done on the fabric, trims or accessories?
20. Do you have all the correct wording for your main labels and care labels?
21. Do you know the exact materials, dimensions and placements for all your main labels and care labels?
22. What type of card-stock and print quality do you want for your hang-tags?
23. What material and thickness do you want for your poly-bags? Do they have an adhesive strip?
24. What are you folding instructions?
25. Do you have the exact measurements for at least one size?
26. Do you have the exact graded measurements for the full size range?
27. Do you have an accurate technical drawing that shows where to take measurements from when doing quality control checks?
When a new customer comes to us and does not know what a tech pack is or even what they’re having at the moment they approaching us is just an idea. We know that we can turn them into reality and help the customers to achieve what needs to have their collection completed
Pattern maker & tech pack maker in Vietnam
Hi, my name is Sim, I run a cut & sew knitwear factory located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We are a family owned sewing factory in Vietnam that has been garments and sportswear for 30+ years. We strive to be the best sewing factory in Vietnam. Are you in search of pattern maker in Vietnam or tech pack service in Vietnam? Thai Son S.P is a trusted Vietnam sewing manufacturer that can offer you a reasonable and professional pattern maker and tech pack service. Thai Son has two sample lines and before we sew any garment our pattern makers has to create the pattern using Gerber Accumark 10.2 following your tech packs. We’re now offering a pattern maker and tech pack service in combination with 3D fitting. Our standard operation procedure is now improved professionally. You also have the choice of sending your own patterns from your pattern makers in paper pattern form or in digital pattern form to us. We can digitize your paper patterns or use your digital patterns. We are equipped with 9 stations of Gerber Accumark for creating patterns, 3 for creating consumption-for-costing or for bulk-cutting markers, 1 of Accunet and 1 of Accuplan. To get to know more about us, please kindly contact us by clicking this link.
Pattern Maker in Vietnam – We understand the garment production process.
Selectively free pattern maker / spec sheet services.
What constitutes an clothing tech pack
1. Flat Sketch ( Front View - Back View )
2. Color Combo of the Garments
3. Stitching & Construction Detailing ( Both Front and Back )
4. Graphic / Print Detailing Including Pantone Color ( Style Dependent)
5. Embroidery / Appliqué / Other Embellishment Detailing
6. Washing Detailing ( Wash Care and Other Washing - Ironing and Care Instructions)
7. Trims & Packaging Detailing( As per Client Requirement)
8. Branding Details
9. Graphical Measurement Details with Spec-Sheet Pointers
10. Measurement Spec Sheet and Size Gradation ( Size Gradation as per Client Requirement)
Tech Pack / Spec Sheet Process
1. You may send Sketches / Inspiration picture of your styles to create technical apparel design (Tech Pack and Spec Sheet).
2. We would first go ahead with Styling and Submit the Flat Sketch to you for approval and receive comments and inputs.
3. We provide all Technical Apparel Design files and Spec Sheet in Excel Sheet.
4. Once we receive the Comments and Inputs we would proceed with Modification and Give the Final Flats for Approval.
5. Once the Flat Sketch are Approved and color ways for the styles are finalized we would proceed with the Technical Design of the Garments.
6. We would require the Logo, Trims Design and Branding Detailing from you if you have created.
7. Once the Flat Sketches are approved and we proceed with the Tech Pack Detailing We would not Accept Any Changes in between as we have to change the whole detailing all over again.
Please include your WhatsApp # in your email.
Often our email goes to Junk mail.
Thai Son S.P Co., Ltd.
153 Ung Van Khiem
Ward 25, Binh Thanh District
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Zip Code: 700000
Tel. +84 903926973
Attn: Ms. Sim
Map to Our Office
About Us / News
Sublimated Neck Gaiters
Our Social Compliance
Our SA 8000 Certificate
Sublimated Neck Gaiters
Printed Neck Warmers
EVFTA Import Custom Duties
EVFTA GSP Form A
EVFTA Duty Free for Europe
EVFTA Import Tariff Reductions
EVFTA Tariff Schedule
EVFTA Rules of Origin
Antiviral Cloth Masks
Reusable Cloth Face Masks
Cloth Face Masks
Vietnam Garment News
Fabrics We Offer
Garments We Produce
Frequently Asked Questions
What does CMT mean?
Woven vs Knit Difference?
What does FOB mean?
MOQ in Vietnam?
How to source factories?
Minimum wage in Vietnam?
How many sewers in a line?
Find pattern maker in Vietnam?
What does ODM mean?
What does PLM mean?
What does sustainability mean?
What is CSR?
What is BSCI?
What is WRAP?
Fabric production in Vietnam?
Garment Fairs in Vietnam
CSR Compliant Factory Directory